Zoning General Information

Building Permits and Land Use Permits are required by the Town of St. Croix Falls.

You may obtain a Land Use Permit Application in person at the Town Hall located at 1305 200th Street or request the application to be mailed by contacting the Town Hall at 715-483-1851, by email to tscf@townofstcroixfallswi.gov or by clicking on one of the following links.

Land Use Application ~ Residential Bldg Permit App & Commercial Bldg Permit App

Land Use Permit Applications need to be submitted to the Town Hall with the appropriate fee.  Fill out the Land Use Permit Application and return to the Town Hall with the required $50.00 fee.

Once the Town Land Use Permit has been approved submit a copy of the land use permit along with your completed Building Permit Application to the Town's Building Inspector.  Click on the following link for building permit fees and land use fees.

Fee Schedule

When is a Land Use Permit required?
Land Use Permits are required before you build, move or structurally alter any structure in the Town. Land Use Permits are also required before you add to any existing structure or replace an existing structure with a new structure. Such structures include but are not limited to houses, barns, sheds, pole barns, decks, etc.

When is a Building Permit required?
Building Permits are necessary for any construction or renovations covered by the Uniform Dwelling Code (UDC) or Town ordinances. If questions on whether a building permit is required arises, always ask, this may alleviate problems in the future. These questions can be directed to Ben Campbell the Town's Building Inspector by phone 715-556-3136 or by email office.wwia@gmail.com.

When is a Shoreland Permit required?
If you live in shoreland areas Polk County will also need to issue you permits. Ultimate determination on if the proposed project is within shoreland will be determined by Polk County.

For additional information regarding the Uniform Dwelling Code (UDC) the following link is a Question & Answer brochure created by the Wisconsin Division of Safety and Buildings www.commerce.wi.gov/sb.

UDC Questions & Answers